Tuesday, April 9, 2013

This is just to say

"I have eaten 
the plums 
that were in 
the icebox 

and which 
you were probably 
saving 
for breakfast 

Forgive me 
they were delicious 
so sweet 
and so cold"
Suck it, William Carlos Williams. I live alone, so I eat all the plums I want.

I also drink more wine than my budget ought to allow, but when it's a cheap little thrill like this cutie-pie of a Pinot Grigio, c'est la vie. Or like, the Italian version of c'est la vie.


Another TJ's recommendation (can you tell I finally went grocery shopping this weekend?), the 2012 Villa Borghetti Grigio Luna is, like most Pinot Grigios, light and sprightly. It's got the wet stone aroma of a Sauvignon Blanc without the ultra-tart grapefruit flavor that often comes along with it. The fruit on this is more apricot or nectarine, and the wine has a creamy quality with relatively low acid. It's not sweet, it's just pure refreshment. Oh-so-drinkable for this spring weather we've been having, pair this baby with a porch. This would also make a great base for a white sangria or a white wine spritzer with a few raspberries thrown in.

Also, this is just to say, I am still working on the puzzle. It is so sweet and so hard and so 4000 pieces.


I sit inside of it.



2 comments:

  1. this is just to say - you could defff be a sommelier. a friend of mine got his level 3 last summer and you're funnier than him. that's gotta carry over to grape-smarts somehow. also, will you label/ tag you're trader joe wine posts? that way if i'm there and wanna know what to get i can reference you?
    cheers!-paige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! yes, i should label my TJ's posts. i'll get on that!

      Delete